RECENT POST

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Parents' visit: Turibus

My parents decided to take a last minute trip to come visit me before the start of classes.  It was wonderful spending the week with them and showing them around "my" city! 

(Though I must say, I've been "playing" for the last month and a half between traveling, visiting home and now with their visit. Reality is going to hit hard with classes tomorrow!) 

On their first full day we took the tour bus (turibus)  to see an overview of the city. I had done the southern route and part of the central route during Jeff's visit, but I saw a few new things. 

*(edit) -- Fuente de Petroleos/ Fountain of the Oil Industry


Apparently the Backstreet Boys are coming to the Auditorio Nacional
in Mexico City 

my parents in front of the Angel of Independence

cool looking buildings along Paseo de la Reforma

the Wax museum, though still haven't gone in

my parents in front of the Cathedral

Cafe de Tacuba -- famous cafe, where a more famous music
group got its name

had seen this museum before, but liked the shot 

same with the National Post Office 

Monument to the Revolution 


That night my friend Karen joined us for dinner. We enjoyed a meal in Coyoacan and then I introduced my parents to churros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online