RECENT POST

Monday, September 20, 2010

We (my group of 12 plus about 30 others) left for our trip, México de Mil Colores, on Tuesday night. We were quite the international group: Mexico, United States, Germany, Colombia, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. 

We drove through the night (so not the best night for sleeping) and arrived in San Miguel de Allende early Wednesday morning. We slept for a bit, but by 8:00 we started our day. 

We wandered around San Miguel de Allende for about 7 hours -- a very quaint town. 
Unfortunately, I also discovered that morning (and confirmed that afternoon) that my wallet-- with my cash, credit card and new FM3 card-- had "disappeared." I still don't know if it was lost or stolen, but my friends, the coordinator and the people on the trip were very supportive and generously pitched in money so I could still enjoy (and participate in) the trip.  

Streets of San Miguel de Allende 

Ready to start exploring
Lots of decorations for the Bicentenario


Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel
Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel




our friend at breakfast 

"translation" of Mexican phrases
market, selling beautifully handwoven tapestries
market, selling lots of silver


market





view of San Miguel de Allende



parade on horseback






0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online