RECENT POST

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What a storm….


Today has been an interesting day. Class today left me feeling a bit annoyed, a bit overwhelmed and overall kind of drained. When I got home the power was out – maybe from some construction going on in the area? – but it wasn’t a big deal since it was still daylight. I decided to read for a bit then go for a run in the park. I promptly fell asleep for 2 hours.

I woke up, determined to actually read this time, and then it started to storm. It’s rainy season her, so I’m used to the rain – but not like this. This was a HUGE storm. Lightning, thunder, hail that sounds like apartment is under attack and rain coming in through the closed windows.  Once the storm finally subsided, the power went out. Thank you Dad for being slightly obsessed with flashlights and making sure I had one! Candles are also now on my list of things to buy. I ate some dinner and read by flashlight (ZamFam – I needed a headlamp!!) and just kept thinking…..what a strange day. Power came back though a little under 2 hours later -- so now back to reading! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online