RECENT POST

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for:

  • My family and boyfriend, who are always so supportive -- near or far
  • Friends. Those I've known "forever" and those I've recently met
  • Skype -- which let me see all the family together for Thanksgiving back home
  • The reminder today from a friend in the maestría that I'm here for the learning experience (and a learning experience it is!)
  • The problems with my name/legal status at UNAM being resolved 
  • Multiple "Thanksgiving meals": Thanksgiving dinner (Mexican style) last Saturday, pizza and beer with classmates yesterday afternoon, lunch with a friend today and plans for a Thanksgiving dinner in Cuernavaca on Saturday 
  • The opportunity to live and study in Mexico, meet new people, improve my Spanish and experience the rich culture
  • Being able to share with others what Thanksgiving is and what it means to me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online