RECENT POST

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is an important holiday to me. As I've explained to a lot of people here, it's a day to spend with family and friends, eat lots of food, and think about the good things in life and what you're thankful for. 

On Saturday night, fellow Rotary Scholar Vanessa and her husband Jeremy hosted an early Thanksgiving dinner for scholars/neighbors/friends in their new apartment. We enjoyed a Mexican-inspired menu, including turkey legs roasted in a mole sauce (chile-cocoa sauce), turkey picadillo for tacos, three-bread stuffing with poblano peppers, quesadillas with flor de calabaza (squash flowers) and mushrooms, nopal (cactus) salad, broccoli casserole (ok, not Mexican themed, but it's a staple at our Thanksgiving dinner so that's what I brought to share), guacamole, a vanilla cake from a local bakery and arroz con leche. Yum! 

Vanessa and Jeremy also recently adopted a little kitten they named Guille. I miss having animals around, so I enjoyed playing with him. He's quite playful and all over the place, but I eventually won him over and he fell asleep on my lap =) 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online